10 Mar #13 of Podcast: Political Boxes / Part 1
I want to share with you what I mean when I describe myself as a leftist, so I begin with a layman’s, severely unqualified person’s primer on the basic ideologies. Part one: liberalism, neoliberalism, libertarianism. Also in part one, a New York mask ordeals.
The Very Not Normal Podcast; Episode #13: Political Checkboxes / Part 1
Send a voice message @ https://anchor.fm/frieda-vizel/message
- #IMAGE: Photo by Tim Mossholder on Unsplash
- #LINK: Liberalism on Wikipedia
- #LINK: Karl Popper’s The Paradox of Tolerance
- #ARTICLE BONUS: Good piece in the Guardian on the myth of meritocracy
- #ARTICLE: Companies using the women’s suffrage movement to sell cigarettes.
- #LINK: Edward Bernays of modern propaganda
- #LINK: Penis envy; Freud’s idea
- #VIDEO: The Simpson’s episode from which I took that sound bite. Season 32/ Episode 13
- #LINK: The cognitive bias I mentioned (I called it a fallacy but now I know!) is the Self-serving bias.
- #WEBSITES: Early lockdown critical US voices were American Institute of Economic Research and Law Liberty
- #LINK: The AIER.org piece on Thomas Sowell
- #LINK: The AIER.org explaining the lockdown objection from a Liberterian position
- #LINK: The Great Barrington Declaration and the criticism calling it a “Dangerous Liberterian Strategy”
- #LINK: Simon Elmer from Architects Social Housing on the problem with the Liberterian position
- #LINK: My podcast on how conformity works.
- #VIDEO: The Ted Ed explanation of the Tragedy of the Commons here: