24 Feb #11 of podcast: Extremely Offline
The Very Not Normal Podcast; Episode#11: Extremely Offline
This week I spent almost all my time off screens. Lots of walks, cooking, people watching from my city window and chewing up the phone like it was 1989.
Send a voice message @ https://anchor.fm/frieda-vizel/message
- #PHOTO: by Chanan Greenblatt on Unsplash
- #ARTICLE: The sensory deprivation tank articles are aplenty online. Look and ye shall find more than you’ll ever need.
- #BOOK: Deep Work and Digital Minimalism are some of Cal Newport’s many books promoting less connection, but for the ultimate goal of increased optimization.
- #BOOK: Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
- #LINK: Some of my favorite go-to blogs are John Steppling, Simon Elmer, Toby Young for the comment section, and Aier.org.
- #MAGAZINE: Veker, the Yiddish magazine that is running a cover story on the covid deaths there. I will put out a “bonus” podcast in English and Yiddish in response to this article. Stay tuned.
- #MAGAZINE: The older Veker where I was interviewed on my tours.
- #ARTICLE: My piece in Tablet Magazine on Hasidic education and how it relates to earning potential.